The Season of Giving
Winter is the time of year when many individuals and companies think about making charitable contributions, and the California Revels is the perfect recipient. We are a registered 501c3 non profit organization and your support allows us to continue bringing this joyful celebration to Oakland year after year.
The Christmas Revels ticket and merchandise sales cover only 60% of the costs required to present this unique experience. Your tax-deductible contribution helps fund the joyous pageantry of Revels - the theater, music, dance and featured performers who bring each show to life.
Becoming a donor benefits you as well as us. Donors who contribute $100 or more, or make a pledge of a monthly gift of $10 or more over the next twelve months, are eligible to purchase advance tickets to The Christmas Revels prior to September 3rd when tickets go on sale to the general public. There are benefits for each of the various levels.
To pledge a multi-year gift, give securities, arrange matching gifts, contribute goods or donate to the endowment fund, please contact Dirk Burns, Executive Director at 510-452-9334 or email email@example.com.
Our Federal Tax ID is 94-3018188.
Donation Benefit Levels
- Listing in the Christmas Revels program and our heartfelt thanks.
- Advance ticket purchase for the Christmas Revels.
- Invitation to the Opening Night Pre-Show Reception and Discussion.
- The right to exchange your tickets for another performance without penalty.
- Two tickets to the Christmas Revels - Main Floor or Center Dress Circle.
- Invitation to our Welcome Yule reception before or after your chosen performance.
- A holiday ornament especially selected for the current Christmas Revels.
- Upgrade to two free tickets in our best Center Box seats for the the Christmas Revels.
- Free parking in theater lot for one performance.
Master/Mistress of the House ($1,000+)
- Private backstage tour for you and your party after any performance.
- Two additional tickets (4 total) in center box seats for the Christmas Revels.
Lord/Lady of the Dance ($5,000+)
- Join the chorus onstage in costume for one Christmas Revels performance and see the show from the perspective of the cast. Only one rehearsal required. This is a priceless gift that will be a memory for life.
All higher benefit levels include benefits from lower levels.
Ways To Donate
Check with your employer, as many companies will match donations made to Revels by their employees. Click here for information on how to work with your company to provide matching gifts.
Gifts of Cash
Consider a monthly pledge. Your dedication and sustained participation in the Revels' programs allows us to better budget for future years and provides stability for our operations.
Transfer gifts of stock to Revels so you are able to aviod capital gains taxes on the amount of appreciation and receive a tax deduction for the stock's full market value.
Contribution of Goods
Donate tangible property to the Revels. In many cases this results in an immediate tax deduction for the donor. The following are examples of non-monetary gifts that Revels would appreciate receiving: Office equipment and computer software, props and costumes, food and wine donations for Revels events, storage space for costumes, props and archived office files.
The Elizabeth Lloyd Mayer Memorial Endowment Fund
The Fund exists to give California Revels a bedrock source of financial stability in times of crisis or economic recession. Interest income from the Fund may be used to initiate new projects or to support ongoing artistic endeavors. Continue reading below for more information.
The Elizabeth Lloyd Mayer Endowment Fund
Elizabeth Lloyd Mayer was the founder of the California Revels. Her memorial fund helps sustain the Christmas Revels as Lisby's living legacy and donations to the fund are greatly appreciated. Gifts in her memory may be made to:
California Revels: Elizabeth Lloyd Mayer Endowment Fund
337 - 17th Street, Suite 209
Oakland, CA 94612
If you would like to discuss a gift, please call Dirk Burns, Executive Director of the California Revels, at 510-452-9334.
California Revels is a 501©3 corporation and all contributions are tax deductible to the full extent allowed by law. Our Federal Tax ID # is 94-3018188.